Please choose carefully when purchasing your solar system, as we may not be able to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind after the statutory cooling off period.
For unsolicited sales, (online, via phone, door to door) consumers have ten (10) business days after they sign the contract to cancel the contract without penalty (the “cooling-off period”).
Where a consumer wishes to withdraw from a valid contract after the expiry of any cooling-off period, Maclee Electrical is entitled to apply its own policy regarding fees for cancellation.
Once the consumer has signed the contract, any variations to the system design must be documented and signed off by the consumer prior to installation.
If you have paid us any money under a signed contract, but the contract ends for any of the following reasons before we install the system at your premises, then we will promptly refund all of the money you have paid.
Consumer will be refunded for the following: –
The site-specific full system design and performance estimate is provided as a deliverable of the contract and:
- this information is not provided before the expiry of any cooling-off period
- the consumer does not consent to this information upon receiving it
- the estimated delivery timeframe for installation completion that was agreed upon at the point of contract is not honoured, for reasons reasonably within the Signatory’s control, and the consumer does not consent to a revised timeframe
- the Signatory acting on behalf of the consumer to obtain grid connection approval does not do so prior to installation, and the consumer does not receive approval from the distributor to connect a system; and
- extra chargeable work arises, which was not specified in the initial contract, and the additional costs are not borne by the Signatory and the consumer does not consent to these additional costs.
Faulty on Arrival
If you receive a faulty item, we will at our discretion either repair or replace the item depending on whether it is classed as a minor or major fault. If the fault is minor (such as a dent) and you would prefer to keep the item, we may offer you a partial refund of the purchase price as compensation. Maclee Electrical will arrange for any return freight if we require the faulty product returned, and for any delivery costs to get the repaired or replaced item back to you. When a faulty item is being returned for a replacement, the original item must first be returned before a replacement item is sent out. If we cannot repair or replace your item, we may offer you a similar alternative (if one exists) or a full refund.
Please note: if the item was working on arrival and you are claiming under warranty, a different policy applies – see Warranty Information.
In the event you receive an incorrect item, you can return the product as long as it remains unused and unopened with the original packaging intact. If the item is incorrect due to an error by you, you will need to pay for all postage costs. If the error is by us, we will pay for postage costs.
We are not required to provide an exchange if you change your mind, however typically we will be able to do this on the following conditions:
- Item is unused, unopened with the original packaging intact
- Any shipping costs to return the item and have the exchanged item delivered are covered by the customer
- Maclee Electrical reserve the right to charge a 20% restocking fee for any new items that have been ordered incorrectly and returned.
- The buyer is also responsible to pay postage for any items returned under Warranty but are found to be fully working when tested.
Returning Products to us
If you have contacted us and confirmed your return will be accepted, please address your package to:
Maclee Electrical must provide the consumer with a full refund upon request when:
- the final system design provided and installed is significantly different to that quoted at the point of contract and is not signed off by the consumer
If you are still not satisfied
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer the complaint to with the relevant Fair Trading or Consumer Affairs office in your state or territory, as follows:
ACT: Office of Regulatory Services
Phone: (02) 6207 3000
NSW: Fair Trading
Phone: 13 32 20
NT: Consumer Affairs
Phone: 1800 019 319
Qld: Office of Fair Trading
Phone: 13 74 68
SA: Consumer and Business Services
Phone: 13 18 82
Tas: Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading
Phone: 1300 654 499
Vic: Consumer Affairs
Phone: 1300 558 181
WA: Consumer Protection
Phone: 1300 304 054